Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Few Words About Bunny Hypnosis From...Miss Zoe


Hello.

Zoe, here. That's right-- THE Miss Zoe.

I have a few things to say about the phenomenon of Bunny Hypnosis.

After Monday's post, in which (random human things happened and) a Bunny Got Hypnotized, there were a few comments about Hypnosis relating to Yours Truly.

That's right. I mean, Myself. Herself. The Zoe.

Be that as it may, I wanted to point out that I do not believe in Bunny Hypnosis.

Sure, it is all well and good for.... some bunnies....but let me assure you, in a house where things such as these exist (see below)...

The aforementioned "these"

...a Bunny must be Vigilant.

A Bunny must never be Caught Unawares.

It is completely Un-Bunny like to be anything but vigilant. It goes against the Bunny Constitution. It goes against the very fabric of the Bunny Way of Life.

Let me offer this example. Due to the Mini Cat still being Mini, my human caretakers have constructed a gating system to Keep Him OUT! Oh, it's true that at times he is unobtrusive, but those times are few and far between.

Even a complex gating system, however, does not keep Certain Animals from entering the room. I can be leisurely enjoying my salad, minding my Own Business, when suddenly, the gap between the top gate and the top of the doorway goes from looking like this:


to looking like this!


There is also this little problem:

Mini Cat from marcy hall on Vimeo.


So, for the record, I will not be participating in ANY SORT of hypnosis or any kind of trance or whatever they are calling it these days.

I just won't be. You can say I'm "not fun." You can even say I'm "boring."

Whatevs.

You won't see me being hypnotized anytime soon.

Nope.

You won't.

This is as close as you're going to get.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nice final picture, Miss Zoe. I sometimes lie on the floor in a supper-induced coma myself.

Lisa said...

I think the gate just makes it that much more fun to come in!

Zoe, you are far too intelligent and sophisticated to partake of any parlor tricks like hypnotism anyways.

Marcy, everytime your pictures give us a peek at your house, I love it. Great wall hangings, and I love the little paper lanterns. You gals have the BEST most funky taste!

Emma said...

I'm with Kavindra. You know your home decor drives me crazy with admiration and envy!

I think Zoe makes some very solid points here. SOMEONE has to stay alert while everybody else is lazing about and letting all manner of non-rabbit behavior prevail!

Good job, Z!