Monday, April 27, 2009

Thank you. Thank you very much.

At some point last week, I was at work. You know, at the Library.

It was a rather uneventful day.

No one had dropped jewelry down the toilet. No one was chatting up any unsuspecting computers. Nobody was baptizing the stuffed animals in the Children's Library with water from the drinking fountain.

Ho Hum.

But then Miss Zoe called.

"We got an award!" she yelled into the phone. I could practically hear her nose wiggling as she said it.

An Award-Winning Roll!!

"You mean our blog?? Really? An award? How COOL!!"

I realized at that point that the noise I was hearing was Miss Zoe licking the receiver, and that our conversation was over. She has a very short attention span.

Sigh.

A Post-Award Winning Nap

I checked my email, and it was true! We had been given the Honest Scrap Award by Emma, the writer of Eriepressible. Emma is, in fact, a real person, and I know for a fact that she has a real dog. :)

Off we go then:

The Award and Rules:

This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant. The rules are as follows:

1. When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.

2. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.

3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!

The first part is easy. I won't say anything about each blogger; they just all ROCK!

My seven blogs are as follows:


The second part is harder. I told the Blisschick, "I don't know if I can come up with 10 honest things about myself." (I guess that statement could mean something about me, but we won't go there.)

As Ordinary Enchantment is a Blog written partly by Miss Zoe, though, I thought I would work in a few fun facts about her as well. So, here we go on this part:

1. I once rode an elephant, and while I was on it, it pooed.

2. I am afraid to ride my bike under a bridge with train tracks and a train passing over (though, unfortunately, it happens quite often to me on my way to or fro work).

3. My mom used to tell me that the snarls in my hair upon waking were caused by rats making meringue pies in my hair at night.

4. Miss Zoe isn't supposed to like sunshine, but she spends many a sunny day stretched out in a sunspot in her room.

5. Miss Zoe is a logomorph.

6. I have always wanted to learn to play the guitar, and I am now actually learning. I have a beautiful blue guitar named Mayori.

7. I once had the opportunity to pet a baby tiger. I was attending Westminster College at the time, and a professor I had, Dr. Ford, had a friend who worked for a zoo. She was transporting a baby Siberian Tiger to a zoo in Texas and stopped en route for a visit with her friend. That baby tiger had the cutest growl I've ever heard.

8. I also once had the opportunity to touch Toni Morrison's hair. I went to hear her read at Ohio State University, and when I went up to have my book signed, I asked if I could touch her lovely hair. She was delighted.

9. I have recently remembered after hearing Li Young Lee read his poetry that hearing poetry read out loud by the person who wrote it is like a religious experience for me.

10. I don't know how I lived 33 years without a rabbit. I will never go back to a rabbitless existence.

I guess that wasn't so hard. Actually, I know a lot about myself!!

Thanks, Emma! Cheers!!

11 comments:

Nerdy Renegade said...

What a fun post!!! Brought smiles to my face this early morning :-)

LOVE #8!!! (Don't know that I would have the courage to do the same.)

Hooray for you learning to play the guitar. That's awesome!

Wonderful list with glimpses of you. Thanks for sharing!

Emma said...

Oh, yay!! I will post about this soon!

I loved your list of 10 things.

Is #1 about you?? Or Zoe??

Marcy Hall said...

#1 is about me. zoe thinks elephants are too stinky to ride (though, she likes when they are decorated!). she prefers to ride her cats.

Jennifer Hayes Hugon said...

Oh yay! I love your list. I'm glad you included a bit about Miss Zoe too, she has so much depth!

And thank you for passing the award along! I will do my best to come up with 10 things... ;)

Erica Herbert said...

fun! :) thank YOU! & fun to learn about you! will do my list soon~
LOVE.
e

Anonymous said...

Why, thanks Marcy & Zoe.

Your list is excellent, but I had to look up the meaning of 'logomorph' - do you mean Zoe's name, or her body? And if its her body, what word does she look like?

And why aren't rabbits supposed to like sunshine? I know my kitty Miss Cleo does.

Thanks again :)

Claudia and Sergio Olivos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claudia and Sergio Olivos said...

Thanks forawarding me such an honorable "virtual trophy".
Your blog has always made me smile... and knowing that it was you- and not Zoe who pooped on the elephant makes me love it no less (and even more)!
I will soon get to task finding blog's I admire, and 10 things about me!
Indeed: why does Zoe not like sunny spots? and yes...off to look up "logomorth" so I can too ask something intelligent as whether it relates to her name or her body!
And second on the kudos re:guitar! I have two at home (plus severalflutes) but neary a note comes forth..... hugs to you, zoe and BlissChick!

ketzirah carly said...

Ms Zoe isn't supposed to like sunshine? She and Derby can start the sunshine bunny club. He loves a good sunbeam!

Thanks for this! I needed a little love this morning!

carlikup said...

Blush .. blush .. wow, that means so much to me coming from one of my favorite artist ever! Thank you so much Marcy, how awesome!
I love those ten things about yourself!

Carla
XX

Anonymous said...

Okay, I've now created my super-fantastico list and posted it - Cheatin’ on a meme:)